Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Saga is over

At last, I have a working computer, a working copy of WoW, and my addons are (mostly) back up to snuff. Ive been quiet about my ordeal, but I think it is time for this story to be made public, but I warn you, some of the images and reenactments you are about to see may be distressing to some viewers. First, we have to cover the tragedy that started this whole thing in motion. You see, my computer broke. At the time, this reporter was unaware of the true scope of the tragedy. Some sources quoted me as saying there was magic smoke, other sources did not. What I really said, based on the remains was, "My god, their must have been smoke." At the time, I had no idea how right I was. You see, the English, jealous of my good teeth, stole my computer, and did evil things to it, only to return it later without my knowledge. (No doubt they were in league with the underpants gnomes, and that is how they got in and out so stealthily.) I wouldn't believe me either, but after long and extensive archival research, I was able to uncover this archival footage of the incident that day. Sadly, the massive loss of Bothan life could not be avoided, (they are too delicious.) It was either that, or this... And after the filming of that degrading piece of filth, my computer committed suicide. Either way, I blame Gnomes (underpants or otherwise.) From the point it became clear my computer was lost to me, I became distraught, despondent, and otherwise dis-something-a-whosit. My dear brother went out of his way, and bought me a whole new computer. There were some... http://inspiredogre.blogspot.com/2008/12/twit-i-am-so-mad.html, with the delivery, and though UPS delivered on time after all, I make no apologies for any of my words or actions. (Incidentally, you can totally blame me for the crappy "What can brown-and-bloody do for you?" ad campaign, I went a little overboard with the stabbing.) However, budgets being what they are, the video card I had was, less than suitable. But I did learn something. When the login-dragon laughs at you in 1 FPS, just don't log in, turn back around, and get a new video card. So, I did, and now, I am sitting high and happy, ready to play as soon as I get home this morning. ... ... ... ... ... ... DAMNIT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're not 80 yet!? Well, at least you have a real computer now to play on and get there...HURRY UP!

;)