Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Twit! Wait, what?

So, wait, my friend, apparently, is military, or, at least, affiliated with the USO.

I have to say, I missed that. Its funny, only on the internet could you feel comfortable enough with a person to call them a friend, and not know who they really are.

I'm fairly incognito myself, but I tend to be that way cause, well, I'm boring. Funny what you learn.

(I want points, btw, for not making some snarky joke, about how he linked to the USO donate page, rather than the About USO page, or even just the USO front page. =p)

(Oh, crap, I did make a snarky joke.)

3 comments:

Xanther said...

Lol. Btw, did you click on the link, or just mouseover it? For me it takes me to the About page (I specifically didn't want it to go to the Donate page), but that could just be cookie-related. Personally, I think their homepage should just be the About page because I think it'd be more effective, but oh well.

I do think it's crazy how you can learn so much about someone through WoW (or similar) teamwork, become good friends, etc., and yet not know quite a bit about them! For example, I've known Rogue for something like 6 years yet never met him. And Lady X almost met him a month ago.. before me! Didn't work out, but that would've been funny.

Anyway, maybe I'll post one of my own Airman Howell stories later, lol. Like about the Navy Exchange...

Inspired Ogre said...

Dude, I didnt even know you were out of town.

Yes, the page went to the about section, but it was about how to donate... It was also a different donate page than the one you get from the main site, and had an ID. (It was like uso.org/donate?ID=304 or something, it was wierd.)

Rae said...

I think Xanther should write up some Rook Brudnicki or Cadet Bruni stories. Those would be better.

Seeing as the Navy Exchange story is more like a "Lady X is a dufus" story...