Thursday, January 8, 2009

Things I see...

I am a seer, a oracle, I can see the future. Trust me, it works every time, without fail. Honestly, if I couldent see the future, do you really think I would claim to be able to? Or, perhaps I see the future, and know that my claim, though false, causes some good outcome for me or you. Point is, you should take everything I say as truth, if you dont, I cannot promise that what I say will actually come true. Blizzard released the 3.0.8 patch notes. In it, and the other rumblings of the blogosphere (the modern day chicken entrails,) I have seen the following bits that interest me, and therefore, you. These are in no particular order (or, are they?)
***

Nine spells have had a bug-fix whereby the 'correct damage modifires will be applied to the spell based on the target's creature type.' This bug-fix was applied to four classes, Druids, Paladins, Priests, and Warlocks; however, only one class has a talent that increase their damage against spicific opponents, Paladins: Crusade will now interact properly with:

Druids have no such talent, and yet Entangleing Roots got the same treatment, as did the Priest's Shadow Word: Pain, and the Warlock's Corruption, Haunt, Soul Siphon, and Unstable Affliction. As I said, I can see the future, and I see; nothing. All these spells changed because they all share similar coding. Could Blizzard introduce creature spicific damage bonuses in the future? Absolutely. Will they? Maybe, but these bug-fixes dont indicate that. Like Mystic Chicancery said, any assumption that this indicates anything is 'crazy talk.'

***

Clams can now be opened while sitting (read, eating and drinking,) and while mounted (taxi or normal.) Some may scoff, and others even bitch about how other more important things should be fixed, but I always welcome 'quality-of-life' changes to the game.

***

Apparently, we didnt unlearn the old Paladin talent, Precision. It has been hotfixed, along with several other talents that were removed/merged. Basically, Im loosing chance to hit; RAAAGE!

***

The official patch notes were written by a 4 year old, or someone with no time at all. Here is what they said about Entangling Roots.
Entangling Roots: When determining if a new Entangling Roots should overwrite an old one, and will now calculate the correct damage modifiers for the creature type of the target.
Now, it sounds like to me, that there are two parts to that. One, as I discussed above, is a big fix to another spell entirely that made sense there too. The other is one a friend of mine noticed. So, S, if your listening, I dont think you should be having a hard time re-rooting after 3.0.8! Yay!
***
Lots of cool profession changes are incoming. Here is one that interested me.
Jessica Sellers, a new vendor in the Dalaran inscription shop, will sell most inscription inks for the cost of one Ink of the Sea. She also sells Snowfall Ink for multiple Inks of the Sea.
Inscription never made sense to me, because it doesent scale. Take Glyph of Spiritual Attunement, for a Paladin Tank, thats about as required as they come, aggree or not, but the point is, its a level 18 glyph. To make it, you have to have one Midnight Ink, and one Light Parchment, the Midnight Ink requires two Dusky Pigment, which you get from milling Mageroyal, Swiftthistle, Briarthorn, Bruiseweed, or Stranglekelp, all low level herbs. But the glyphs that are made are required at all levels of play. And because Glyphs are not permanent, anyone from level 18 to 80 may need a new Glyph of Spiritual Attunement at any time. This scaling schema makes no sense, and there is no corrolary to any other profession. Now, you will be able to use your Ink of the Sea (made from Azure Pigment, milled from Northrend Herbs) to trade down to the Inks you will need. No more requirement for you to go herbing all over this world and the next to get the proper pigments. Its a crappy solution to a stupid problem, but its a solution. Next up, Jewelcrafting, looks like we are getting our Brilliant Glass for WotLK, its called Icy Prism, and instead of 3 of each of the green gems, it will require 3 of the purple, blue, and green (color, not rarity) gems, and a Frozen Orb, early reports suggest it will drop at least 2 of the blue (quality, thats Autumn's Glow, Forest Emerald, Monarch Topaz, Scarlet Ruby, Sky Sapphire, and Twilight Opal) gems, and has a chance for a 3rd, is also has a small chance to drop a Dragon's Eye. I wonder what we are supposed to do with surpluses of the other three green gems. In Mining news, we will only have to tap the mine node once, instead of multiple times. Call it quality-of-life, ultimately, its better this way, but I do admit, I will miss being different than herbalism. (I suppose the secondary benefits of herbalism, mining, and skinning will have to do.)
***
Im looking forward to 3.0.8, over all. Here is my prediction, someone will think that patch 3.0.8 sucks. Prove me wrong, I dare you.

1 comment:

Rae said...

OMG!! I got mentioned in a post!!

I feel so special.